Around thirty intentional fires sow the alarm in Ibias and devastate the forest in Llanes
"We were really scared", claim the neighbours from Valvaler, in Ibias, where the fire was just fifty metres far from the house21.04.2017 | 19:52
From Ibias to Peñamellera Baja, from Villaviciosa to Aller: the fire spread all throughout Asturias. Up to 28 of them were still active yesterday by the closing time of this edition; 9 located in Llanes, in which extinction took part 150 officers and five helicopters. The fire destroyed forests in eighteen councils: Allande, Aller, Belmonte de Miranda, Cabrales, Cangas del Narcea, Grado, Grandas de Salime, Ibias, Lena, Llanes, Morcín, Peñamellera Baja, Piloña, Sobrescobio, Tineo, Villaviciosa, Valdés y Villayón. In some of them, mainly in Allende and Ibias, the situation was especially critical. On Wednesday night, the flames were 50 metres far from the houses in Valvaler, Ibias although it wasn´t necessary to evacuate people. "We were really scared", claim the neighbours.
The Natural Paradise will remain some more time in "hell", looking forward to the next weather forecast. The absence of rain and the rise of temperatures, expected for the weekend, depicts a negative scenery, as the very councillor of the Presidency, Guillermo Martínez, admitted yesterday. The strong winds -wind gusts of up to 101 kmph were registered yesterday in the coast- made the firefighting tasks more complicated in a day which started with fourteen fire pits and ended almost with thirty. The Councillor severed the origin of the fires to the elimination of the enclosing of areas for grazing, and made a "call for "condemnation", as the majority of fires "had been provoked, following statistics.
In good weather conditions for the extinction of the flames, Guillermo Martínez reminded that "it is prohibited, and therefore condemned, the firing of grazing". The regional government keeps the plan against fires in forests (INFOPA) in 0 level in all the region except in Ibias and Allende, where level 1 was ordered fearing that the fire reached the villages.
It was really close to happen in Valvaler (Ibias). The neighbours could hardly sleep the night of Wednesday to Thursday: the flames were just 50 metres far from the hoses. "We were really scared, in the afternoon it was very windy and that brought the fire next to the village", explains Enrique Villanueva, who confesses that in a given moment he didn´t know how to act: "we didn´t know whether it would be better to leave just in case o to stay and do something".
The neighbours of Valvaler assure that the intervention of the firefighters was fast but complex: "the smoke didn´t let them work and it was dark". For José Mesa, nothing was casual. He explains that by the end of the afternoon "the air was very strong and that expanded the fire quickly, crossed the roads and paths, in very little time it was 50 metres far". We didn´t have to regret great material loss, but José Mesa remarks that some hives and a good deal of fruit trees and forests were burnt out. "People is crazy burning with such a dry weather and air", he says.
In Villalaín (Allende), the flames also spread panic. Manolo Villaneva tells that the air caused "the fire to fly like a flare from la Fonteta to here". When the neighbours saw it coming, went to protect the area "but the flames jumped over us and we had to give it up".
|Lo último||Lo más leído|
- Un estudio predice en 2100 la desaparición de Salinas: La dramática consecuencia del calentamiento global
- La Reina Letizia patina con un vestido estilo años 20
- Una agente declara al juez que la víctima sabía que ´La Manada´ la estaba grabando
- Llegan (al fin) la lluvia y la nieve
- ¿Te mudarías a un pueblo de los Alpes por 60.000 euros?
- Va a Urgencias por un dolor en los testículos y le arrestan por abusar de la médico
- Cinco trucos de limpieza para los que odian limpiar
- ´La Manada´ defiende que hubo consentimiento pero no logra aclarar cómo
- Los jueces anulan el IBI de Oviedo y abren la puerta a reclamaciones millonarias
- Recauda 200.000 euros para el indigente que le dio todo su dinero
- Padilla deja el toreo
- Celebra el Black Friday con la mejor información
- El juez del caso Bárcenas cita como testigos a Zaplana, González y López Madrid
- Perdidas en el espacio
- Carmen Vela: "Las empresas no dedican lo suficiente a investigación"
- El comité de campaña de Iceta le prohíbe bailar y le obliga a llevar corbata
- Afronta cárcel acusado de intentar violar a una mujer en un hórreo de Avilés
- Ideas para decorar tu casa con ´washi tape´
- El Principado pide "una toma de conciencia colectiva" contra la violencia machista
- A juicio el ciclista que se masturbaba en público en sendas de Siero